Blender Guru: The Wow Factor

Blender Guru
High Quality Blender Tutorials

The Wow Factor
Jul 4th 2012, 04:14


Who else wants to discover how to add photo-realistic elements in Blender?

Check which of the following applies to you:
You see other artists using cool lens effects but don't know how to do it yourself
You feel lost when using the compositor
You're unsure if your compositing methods are correct
You’ve purchased blender products in the past, but haven't learned anything valuable
If you answered YES to any of the above, then read on…

Blender Guru’s story…

On average Blender Guru helps just over 1 Million blender users a year. The tutorials have been translated into multiple languages, documented on blendernation.com and blender.org and some have even been featured in 3d World Magazine.
It's hard to imagine that I used to be the clueless guy fumbling around in blender, but it's true.

My art used to be terrible!

When I first started using blender I was dreadful. Now obviously there's a learning period when you start anything new, but when you are still only getting 1 or 2 comments on your work after 2 years of trying there's a problem!
No matter how hard I tried my art still failed to engage the viewer.
One day I was browsing the internet and I came across an amazingly realistic render that to my surprise was produced with blender.
There was an odd quality to it that made it more interesting and step above others I had seen. It looked like it had been taken with a camera. When I researched further I discovered that these effects were created within the compositor.
Quicker than you can say 'Google' I was searching the internet for tutorials on using the compositor.
But surprisingly there wasn't anyone teaching this stuff! I was soaking up every morsel of information I could find, but it wasn't enough.
So I started experimenting…
It was painful at first. My renders were only slightly improving and I had no idea what I was doing. I was connecting nodes into random arrays that made no sense. However as time progressed, it got better and better.

Then something strange happened…

I started receiving positive feedback:


A comment I received on BlenderArtists.org

One of my threads on BlenderArtists.org even had over 8 pages of comments!
And some people were even asking for my help!
People were asking me for screenshots of my node setups, the souce files, tips, everything! It was then that I realized how many other people were in the exact same situation I was in previously.

That’s why I’ve created…



The Wow Factor is an eBook that teaches you how to create jaw dropping effects within the compositor! The lessons and tutorials taught inside, are a combined total of everything that I've learnt through my 9 years of using Blender.
“It is definitely worth the money.”
"Andrew's explanations on why effects happen in the real world and then comparing them to 3D is very helpful. It makes understanding compositing a lot easier when you know the reasons behind everything.
I recommend The Wow Factor to anyone interested in learning how to create special effects in 3D. Which frankly is just about everyone. It is definitely worth the money."
Jonathan Williamson, BlenderCookie.com









Chapters of The Wow Factor

Complete Introduction Soft Glow
Bright Glow Anamorphic Flare
Bloom Lens Flare
Glare Ghosting Reflecting Glare
Glare Burnout Depth of Field
Chromatic Aberration Vignette
Motion Blur Lens Distortion
Dirty lens Color Grading
Image Sharpening
I wanted to make sure that any user can pick up the book, turn to any chapter and understand it. That's why every chapter starts with a detailed lesson on why each effect occurs in the real world, before launching into an easy to read tutorial.
“The book really helps you add that "special something" to your stills and videos.”
"The Wow Factor shows several really neat tricks to improve your renderings in a very polished and well executed way. The book really helps you add that "special something" to your stills and videos. And the best part is, it not only shows you how to do something, but also when and why you should add the effect. I highly recommend The Wow Factor to anybody who wants to get comfortable with Blender's compositor and learn how to pimp their renderings. And it is not just for beginners! Advanced users will definitely learn some neat tricks as well."
-Sebastian Koenig, Mango Development Team

What others have said about my teaching…


“…he goes straight to the point without wasting your time on theory”
"Compositing has always been a kind of dark world to me. I have to admit that (with great shame) I've done most of my post-production in Photoshop. The reason for this is that I've never fully understood how nodes worked within the compositor. But this is something that is explained very clearly in the book. What I liked most is the approach that Andrew takes when teaching blender, he goes straight to the point without wasting your time on theory. Which is perfect, because as an eBook it means you can just open it, go to the effect you are interested in and create it. The Wow Factor has earned first place in my virtual library. This is definitely worth the money."
–Marco Rapino, speaker at the 2009 Blender conference and developer of sensory gaming technology

Bonuses:

BONUS #1 – The Node Encyclopedia

Stop guessing what all those nodes do and start using them the right way. The Node Encyclopedia is a complete how-to guide on using all 59 nodes within Blender 2.5. Every definition is explained in plain english without any of the jargon. Unlike the wiki, this book is written for artists, not programmers. Valued at $17


BONUS #2 – A 54-Minute audio interview withFrancois Tarlier

UbiSoft worker Francois Tarlier spills the beans on color grading, gamma correction and complimentary color schemes. If you have a question about color spaces you will more than likely find it answered in this interview.Valued at $9

BONUS #3 – Interview with Alex Glawion

Winner of the 2009 best designed short film for "Evolution", Alex Glawioncontinues to push the bounds on what can be achieved with the compositor. In this interview Alex shares his secrets on how he created several of the unique effects from this films.Valued at $9

BONUS #4 – MP3 Audio Version of the book

Not everyone likes reading, and I understand that. That's why I'm including an MP3 version. Pop this in your car and arrive at the destination with a better understanding of the compositor. And don't worry, I'll spare your ears of hearing the mundane step-by-step tutorials. This MP3 contains just the essential introduction to each effect.

BONUS #5 – Video Tutorials

You didn't think I was going to leave you with just text based tutorials did you?
To help you along your compositing journey, I'm including these essential video tutorials:
  • Introduction to the compositor (HD)
  • How to animate nodes (HD)
  • Isolating objects (HD)
Valued at $27
“It was clearly a lot of work to get all this together.”
"The Wow Factor will be a huge help for people struggling to figure out how to use nodes and how to get convincing photographic effects in their renders (and you can quote me on that.) The examples are well chosen and the images are colorful and very clear, which is a great thing for people following tutorials. The sun flares technique you used is something that I'd never thought of, so that's a good example of something new I have learned. It was clearly a lot of work to get all this together."
Tony Mullen, author of several published blender books.

30-Day Money Back Guarantee

Because I’m not satisfied unless you are, I’m giving you a “no small print” guarantee. Try The Wow Factor today and if you aren’t happy, just let me know within 30 days and I’ll give you a full refund.
If you aren’t completely blown away by the methods taught in The Wow Factor, I will refund you every cent, NO questions asked. All you have to do is drop me an email and ask for a refund. It’s that simple. You can even keep the book. Maybe a friend of yours will like it.
No… I’m not kidding. This isn’t an empty promise. I’m doing this because I’m completely convinced you’ll love the book :)
‘If you're serious about visual effects and post processing, you need this book.’
"The Wow Factor gives a comprehensive overview of all the effects that can be achieved with the help of Blender's compositor. By explaining the nature and use of each effect and providing you with a step-by-step tutorial it helps you truly understand the inner workings of this often overlooked feature of Blender. If you're serious about visual effects and post processing in your artwork or animations, you need this book."
–Roel Spruit, founder of BlenderArtists.org

How would you feel knowing exactly how to put the finishing touches on your render?

NOTE: All display boxes are for illustrative purposes only – this product is download only.
Instant direct download! Start reading in 5 minutes.

PS: If you don't see your renders improve within 30 days, contact me for a FULL 100% refund, no questions asked.

Facebook LinkedIn StumbleUpon Twitter

No comments: