Blender Guru: The Nature Academy – Photo Competition Results!

Blender Guru
Quality tutorials, tips and articles

The Nature Academy – Photo Competition Results!
5 Jul 2011, 1:39 am

On Thursday last week I announced a competition in which you could win a seat in my upcoming training course, The Nature Academy.
Participants had to photograph themselves outside in their home country and state a reason they wanted The Nature Academy.
Although the competition was only open for 3 days I received a flood of just over 350 entries. INSANE! :O
It was an incredibly hard task to choose just one winner but I made my decision:

>>>Watch this Video to See the Winner<<<

My Top 10 Favourites

Although nearly all the entries were fantastic, these get a special mention:

#1 Nice signage XD


James Drake
Location: Unknown
Reason:I can’t advance as a 3D artist only doing interior scenes. SHOW ME NATURE ANDREW!!! Will model anything (inorganic) for a seat in the Nature Academy!!

#2 Planking in Russia!


Alex Rus
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia, State University Park
Reason: “I am planking (an Australian invention btw =)). And this girl does not take me seriously. I want to prove her I am serious.”

#3 I don’t remember this photo :S


Bob Hinson
Location: My back yard in Gloucester, Virginia, USA!
Reason: I want to win the Nature academy because: learning CG = very cool…. learning CG using Blender = awesome…. learning Blender from an Andrew Price tutorial = incredibly awesome…. learning Blender from a complimentary copy of the Nature Academy = PRICELESS!

#4 “Do the chickens have large talons?”


Daniel Grebe
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Reason: “So I can add some trees to this landscape.”

#5 Pixel fun


Aaron Stouder
Location:Flower Mound Texas USA.
Reason: Andrew I really need your help. I try to get along with nature. But it always ends up pixelated. Please help me be one with nature.

#6 Smug waterfall spotting


Michael Megison
Location: St. Croix, USVI (United States Virgin Islands)
Reason: Photo: The River that you see me pointing at, is a result of hurricanes and tropical storms back to back. When we cant go to the beach due to the rain; We waterfall hunt….
Bio: I am an animator for a PBS affiliate on island. I am not really posting a pic for the contest (even though I know about it) I am just digging the community and watching the cool stuff that happens when knowledge is shared.

#7 Don’t fall!


Niyal Parmar
Location: Belapur(New Mumbai), India.
Reason: Funn Time In a Free time…. ((:

#8 Walking on Water


Petter Foosnæs Helgesen
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Reason: “Just taking a stroll across the lake. Taken just after I turned water into wine. No biggie.”

#9 Chilling with the locals


Hiza Ro
Location: Gunung Kidul Jogjakarta, Indonesia
Reason: Farmers work hard with a smile in chili fields, a very natural :)

#10 You’re nuts!


Shahab Taheri
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Reason: So I can begin my plan of world domination by first simulating the destruction of nature ;)

Bonus Mention: You found my render! (see video for your bonus prize)


Boros Gábor
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Reason: I would have presented my district in the town. It’s pretty green and friendly area but sometimes there is too many of commercials. For example here, as You can see : A large banner, of repairing service, hiding the trees in the background.(Who knows, “who has crashed” this car ? :) )
I think with The Nature Academy I could create a nicer view of reality.


 

No comments: